Bringing the near future to light.
Our portfolio companies are harnessing the power of cells and computation to reprogram, engineer, scale, digitize, miniaturize, visualize, and grow the future.
- CHECKERSPOTSynthetic biology and chemistry to produce novel bio-derived oils from microalgae
- CORTEXYME(NASDAQ: CRTX) Therapeutics to alter the course of Alzheimer’s and other aging disorders
- CYTOVALEClinical diagnostics to measure biophysical markers of single cells
- ECOVATIVE DESIGNMycelium technology driving plant-based meats, biodegradable packaging and textiles
- IMMUSOFTGenetically modifying B cells to create sustained, protein-producing therapeutics in the body
- MODERN MEADOWBuilding enhanced functionality through biofabrication
- PARTHENON THERAPEUTICSNovel therapeutic platform reprogramming the tumor microenvironment for recalcitrant tumors
- PHYLAGENIndoor microbiome data analytics for human health and supply chain tracking
- SHIRATRONICSNovel neuromodulation technologies to combat debilitating migraine headaches
- STRATEOSAutomating chemical, biological and image analysis to accelerate drug discovery
- STRM.BIOLeveraging extracellular vesicles to deliver gene therapies in-vivo
- TWELVETransforming industrial carbon dioxide emissions into useful chemicals
This isn’t our first rodeo. As founders of Breakout Labs at the Thiel Foundation, we have a long history of investing in and coalescing the ecosystem for early-stage, deep science companies.