Bringing the near future to light.
Our portfolio companies are harnessing the power of cells and computation to reprogram, engineer, scale, digitize, miniaturize, visualize, and grow the future.
- CHECKERSPOTSynthetic biology and chemistry to produce novel bio-derived oils from microalgae
- CORTEXYME(NASDAQ: CRTX) Therapeutics to alter the course of Alzheimer’s and other aging disorders
- CYTOVALEClinical diagnostics to measure biophysical markers of single cells
- ECOVATIVE DESIGNMycelium technology driving plant-based meats, biodegradable packaging and textiles
- IMMUSOFTGenetically modifying B cells to create sustained, protein-producing therapeutics in the body
- MODERN MEADOWBuilding enhanced functionality through biofabrication
- PARTHENON THERAPEUTICSNovel therapeutic platform reprogramming the tumor microenvironment for recalcitrant tumors
- PHYLAGENIndoor microbiome data analytics for human health and supply chain tracking
- SHIRATRONICSNovel neuromodulation technologies to combat debilitating migraine headaches
- STRATEOSAutomating chemical, biological and image analysis to accelerate drug discovery
- STRM.BIOLeveraging extracellular vesicles to deliver gene therapies in-vivo
- SURF BIOA stabilization platform that addresses some of drug delivery’s most difficult challenges
- TWELVETransforming industrial carbon dioxide emissions into useful chemicals
- CELLCHORUSHigh throughput single cell analysis for development of cell therapies
- PHANTOM NEUROBuilding a system to help people control robotic limbs using low-risk implantable sensors, AI, and enabling software
- ZYMOCHEMDeveloping microbes and bioprocesses for the sustainable and profitable production of chemicals from renewable resources
This isn’t our first rodeo. As founders of Breakout Labs at the Thiel Foundation, we have a long history of investing in and coalescing the ecosystem for early-stage, deep science companies.